AWARDS OF THE NATIONAL STUDENT COMPETITION FOR THE BEST ESSAY ON TOURIST TOPICS OF ITF “CULTURAL TOURISM” – VELIKO TARNOVO
The eighth edition of the National Student Competition for the best essay on tourist topic at the International Fair “Cultural Tourism” – Veliko Tarnovo has ended. The competition is part of the program of the fair and is held every year within the only specialized forum for cultural tourism in our country.
According to an order RD-01-748/02.09.2021 of Ministry of Health-care about issuing temporary anti-epidemic measures on the territory of Republic of Bulgaria, the 17-th International tourism fair “Cultural tourism” is postponed until the spring of 2022. However, the editions of the National competition “READ & TRAVEL” and the National Student Competition for the best essay on tourist topic took place. Twelve participants from five universities in the country took part: “St. st. Cyril and Methodius” University of Veliko Tarnovo, University of Economics – Varna, “St. Clement of Ohrid” – University of Sofia, New Bulgarian University and Thracian University – Stara Zagora. They presented various works on a topic of their choice, related to the development, condition and problems, mainly on cultural tourism.
The jury, chaired by Prof. Maria Vodenska, prof. Ivan Markov and Assoc. Prof. Sonya Aleksieva (members) announced the names of the winners for first, second and third prize. This year the jury also awarded two consolation prizes.
- FIRST PRIZE went to Anastasia Kostova from “St. Clement of Ohrid” – University of Sofia, Faculty of Geology and Geography, Department of Geography of tourism, Bachelor’s program in tourism, second year. The essay is on topic “An Itinerary of a school trip (the emotions and benefits of a tourist internship”
- SECOND PRIZE went to Vasilena Pavlevcheva from New Bulgarian University, department of “Administration and government”, bachelor’s program “Management of tourism”, fourth year, on topic “Alternative or traditional hotel accommodation – a modern dilemma in tourism”
- THIRD PRIZE went to Eleonora Yancheva from “St. St. Cyril and Methodius” University of Veliko Tarnovo, Faculty of Economics, department “Tourism”, bachelor’s program in tourism, third year. Essay on topic “The price that we pay with our choice of transport vehicle (empirical research among students of Faculty of Economics of “St. St. Cyril and Methodius” University of Veliko Tarnovo
This year the jury awarded two consolation prizes to the students:
- Ivan Shtirkov from “St. St. Cyril and Methodius” University of Veliko Tarnovo, Faculty of Economics, department “Tourism”, bachelor’s program in tourism, third year for essay on topic “The riches of Arbanasi village – a proposal for a walking tour, based on cultural-historical heritage.”
- Zvezdelina Bilnikova from Thracian University of Stara Zagora, Faculty of Economics, Bachelor’s program “Regional economics”, third year, essay on topic “Cultural tourism in the town of Kotel and the village of Zheravna”
The organizers thank to the participants in the National Student competition for best essay on tourist topic, also to their professors for taking part in the eight edition of the competition in 2021. The temporary anti-epidemic measures on the territory of Republic of Bulgaria postponed the International Tourism fair “Cultural tourism” and many other events in Bulgaria, but still we managed to organize the National competition in a different format.
Together with the awarded students, all the participants will receive a certificate for participation in the eight edition of the competition. The awards will be received from the Municipal tourist agency “Tsarevgrad Tarnov” LTD. All the information will be published on http://culturaltourism.info and http://read-travel.eu, in the media as well.
September 27th 2021 Municipal tourist agency “Tsarevgrad Tarnov” LTD